Festive Nails for the 4th of July!

| July 2, 2014 | 31 Comments

Confession: I am not a fan of doing nail art. Not even a little bit. For one thing, doing designs take too long and never last that long. You mean it took me 20 minutes to do ONE nail and these things have the audacity to start chipping in a day? Girl no. It’s enough to make me go crazy. Do I drool over the designs of nail polish bloggers? Yep. All day and everyday. I was inspired by some of those talented girls to do a patriotic nail look.

Patriotric nails

Okay, those nail strips are impressive and all but they don’t lay down for nothin’ in the world. How obnoxious! I’ve seen so many nail bloggers use them to perfection and of course when I try, it looks like a 6-year old did it. Ha! Typical B. Don’t look too hard at the strips. Aaaaand, you can’t tell me that the blue jelly sandwich of nails aren’t some kind of gorge. My nails haven’t been this short in months so I am trying to work with the nubs.

USA nails

Polishes Used:
OPI Put A Coat On! (white)
Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue
Milani Teal (glitter)

I would love to rock this nail look for the 4th of July festivities however the nail strips are already starting to peel back. And this is after I’ve applied a top coat. Which, by the way, removed some of the red. Haha, I can’t win. I’ll leave the nail art to the pros. Oh…before I go, have you girls tried OPI’s Glitter Off?

OPI Glitter Off nail polish

I’m not going to act like they’ve done something so revolutionary because nail girls have been using Elmer’s glue as a base under glitter polishes for yearsssss. Years, y’all. Still. It is nice to have it housed in a nail polish bottle. But yeah, it totally looks like glue. And smells like it, too. It took me back to 2nd grade. Most importantly, it works! Very well, I might add. I love glitter polishes but hardly wear them because of the intense removal process. I will totally rock glitters more often and wear this base coat under it. I purchased it from ULTA for about $9.

OPI Glitter Off

So…are you a nail art doin’ kind of gal or would you rather join me in the “Love to see it but hate to do it” crew?

Check out some of these other sweet shades from OPI, Sally Hansen and Milani…

Tags: , , ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. Destany says:

I think they look great!
    Destany recently blogged about My Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag for JuneMy Profile

2. Aunie says:

love this look, B. wish it wasn’t such a pain for you! that’s why i pretty much gave up on nail art, too. now i stick to doing my own opi gel :)
    Aunie recently blogged about BMT: Highlights & Final ThoughtsMy Profile

3. BeautyJudy says:

Well, putting aside the PITA that is striping tape, you did a beautiful job! Don’t be so hard LOL! I hate that stuff though and I’m so glad I discovered nail vinyls. Happy Fourth of July!
    BeautyJudy recently blogged about Color Club Poptastic Remix Glitter CollectionMy Profile

4. Phyrra says:

I love your 4th of July Nails!
    Phyrra recently blogged about June FavoritesMy Profile

5. Ange says:

This is perfection!!!
    Ange recently blogged about Barielle Keys Collection SwatchesMy Profile

6. Miranda says:

Clever design!! I want to get striping tape to make nail art easier for myself, as well!
    Miranda recently blogged about REVIEW & SWATCHES: Sally Hansen Electric Summer CollectionMy Profile

7. Leelo R says:

Very pretty!
    Leelo R recently blogged about Oh so pink makeupMy Profile

8. Jess Scull says:

I love them!

9. Allison says:

I hear ya, girl! I am not a fan or nail art either. But I love the mani you created! And you’re using one of my all-time faves: Milani Teal. <3
    Allison recently blogged about Fusion of Color CosmeticsMy Profile

10. Eugenia says:

OOO its already almost the 4th?! I need a 4th of July mani!!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Summer Beauty Essentials at WalgreensMy Profile

11. XO, Noelle says:

I’m so intrigued by that OPI peel off polish!
    XO, Noelle recently blogged about NCLA Jenna’s Nude Moon – ReviewMy Profile

12. I’m def too much of a klutz for nail wraps!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Eddie Funkhouser Chromographic Lip Color & a Birthday Giveaway!!My Profile

13. Mai says:

I definitely don’t have the finesse to do anything really complicated, I prefer to do nail art stamping!
    Mai recently blogged about Question of the Week #4: Favorite Drugstore Powder Eyeshadow?My Profile

14. Justina says:

Freaking love. The striped nails are my favorite!
    Justina recently blogged about June 2014 Lust ListMy Profile

15. so cute. i need some of that striping tape
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently blogged about Summer Skincare Series: L’OccitaneMy Profile

16. Nope, I love to both look at and create nail art, most of the time! Those bits of striping tape are very difficult to keep down. Most nail art done with them involves painting over the tape and pulling the tape off before the top layer dries. The stripes are then created by exposing the color underneath the tape.
    Nidia – Lit From Within recently blogged about I GOT Cuckoo For This Scene-Stealing Water Lily!My Profile

• Brittany says:

Oooooh, duh! Okay, I’ve used them before for that but I’ve also seen looks where people have used them on the nail. Dang. I feel a little dumb now. LOL!

17. Betzy Carmona says:

Yours turned out so nice !

18. Sheila says:

You did a fantastic job! I wish I had known about the Elmer’s trick all those years I spent scraping glitter off my nails.
    Sheila recently blogged about The Top 6 Best Mint Green Nail Polish ColorsMy Profile

19. These are gorgeous, well done!
    Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries recently blogged about 5 Things You Need To Know …. About StretchingMy Profile

20. Kim says:

Cute mani! I especially love the blue.
    Kim recently blogged about Review: I Cannot Put Down my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateMy Profile

21. Lavendar says:

Your mani is fab! I feel the same as you about nail art, but I do make an attempt once in a while. I do love glitter but hate removal, and that OPI base gives me hope. Going to look for that today!