So. About Sunscreen…do you wear it?

| July 30, 2014 | 26 Comments

I can’t believe that I am just now getting around to reviewing these sunscreens from Kiss My Face. Summer is well underway and we just took our first family trip to the beach a few weeks ago. I wasn’t brave enough to takeĀ an infant to the beach last year but now that Elle is 1.5, I just knew it would be some kind of fun.

Baby at the beach

And fun, it was. She had a blast digging through the sand with Daddy, running up on the waves and lounging with Mommy on the beach chair. We were sent these Kiss My Face sunscreens for review which we toted with us in our beach bags. I’m glad I remembered to bring them because while I am a big advocate about sun protection, I forget to wear sunscreen…a lot!

Kiss My Face Kids sunscreen

There’s been a lot talk about spray sunscreens and if they are harmful or not so to be safe, I didn’t use that on Elle. I did however slather her in the Kiss My Face Kids Defense Mineral SPF 30 sunscreen. It provides UVA and UVB protection and they omit fragrances and sulfates. Mineral sunscreens, I’m guessing, are the new kids on the block ( don’t quote me on that as I don’t really keep up with sunscreen thangs) in the sunscreen world. I first heard about them from Food Babe. I’m not going to act like I’m a skin scientist and know every little thing about ingredients but I do what I can and I appreciate brands like Kiss My Face because they are always very clear on what their products include and don’t include.

Kiss My Face ingredients

And I’m so grateful that this comes without fragrance. Sunscreens are already pretty funky in my book and I don’t need an extra layer of a citrus scent to help me smell…”beachy”. This stuff applies like all sunscreens.

Kiss My Face  packaging

But alas those with darker skin will endure the ghost effect. Ain’t nothin’ we can do about that. And I deal with it because at the end of the day, protection is key. Our entire family uses this sunscreen so I love that I’m using a sunscreen that’s great for my baby and great for me!

Kiss My Face sunscreen

Kiss My Face on skin

I really love this sunscreen and will stock up on it since we plan on taking a few more trips to the beach this summer. I’ll hold off on their Air Powered Spray for now until I get the verdict on it.

Kiss My Face Kids Defense sunscreen

What sunscreens are you using this summer?

Tags: , ,

Category: Skincare

1. I use Hawaiian Tropics. I must admit I’ll put it on if I’m on vacation or going to the beach, but I rarely use it on “normal” days even if I’m going to be in the sun a while.
    LaNeshe (Nesheaholic.com) recently blogged about Pregnancy Update: 30 WeeksMy Profile

2. BeautyJudy says:

I had no idea that there was controversy around spray sunscreens; I almost exclusively use those. Looks like I need to fire up Google.
    BeautyJudy recently blogged about OPI Coca-Cola Collection – How I Wore ThemMy Profile

3. Kim says:

I do use sunscreen, and I also use it on my 3 yr old. I’ve used Kiss my face (the spray kind), and it worked well.
    Kim recently blogged about Mommy Wins! I got my three year old to sleep in her OWN bed!My Profile

4. Allison says:

I am big on mineral sunscreens, in spite of the white that they leave behind. I never thought about Kiss My Face as a sunscreen brand, but now I will for sure! Great review
    Allison recently blogged about My Secret Weapon: Skin Script Glycolic and Retinol PadsMy Profile

5. Sunscreen is just so important!
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently blogged about August Desktop WallpaperMy Profile

6. Miranda says:

This is the first summer that I’ve been pretty diligent about SPF on my face and body. It’s a downright must!
    Miranda recently blogged about Crash My Stash: Spotlight on CoralMy Profile

7. Sounds great! I don’t believe I have tried their sunscreens yet.
    Cosmetics Aficionado recently blogged about Makeup Geek Utopia PigmentMy Profile

8. Mai says:

I’ve been really into the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock, plus this spray sunscreen I got from Target. As much as the spray sunscreens are easier, I know that you do have to use a large amount to get it to be as effective as the lotions
    Mai recently blogged about Question of the Week #9: Foundation Brush, Sponge, or Other?My Profile

9. I just bought a spray sunscreen from Ulta.. I have read that maybe the SPF can be patchy because of the spraying, but is there something else bad about them? I really dislike applying heavy sunscreen, so I was hoping this would be good… sigh.
    Nidia – Lit From Within recently blogged about Nail Challenge Collaborative – Redo the Swoosh!My Profile

• Brittany says:

Well, you know how it is….basically everything that promises to be good for us is killing us. And we don’t realize it until we’ve spent decades slathering ourselves in said stuff. Lawd.

10. Destany says:

I wear it – but not enough I think! I don’t burn easy, tho, so I always just forget! I don’t spend a lot of time outside, even tho I should!
    Destany recently blogged about NEW! Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eye Shadows swatches+reviewMy Profile

11. Leelo R says:

I use Kiss My Face sunscreen for my face and I love it!
    Leelo R recently blogged about River Island AW14 Collection vol 1My Profile

12. Phyrra says:

You know how I feel about sunscreen! I love that top pic, so adorable!
    Phyrra recently blogged about Top 10 Time Saving Beauty ProductsMy Profile

13. Eugenia says:

I love your lil me, shes soo cute, even from just the back!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Guest Post From Nikki- Teal NailsMy Profile

14. Neutrogena makes some great sunscreens too, especially for babies and kids!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about TATCHA Ritual Discovery Kit: Skincare From The GeishaMy Profile

15. Ange says:

I had no idea anyone was saying spray sunscreens were harmful, I use them exclusively except for my face.
    Ange recently blogged about Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ReviewMy Profile

16. betzy carmona says:

I use sunscreen everyday, for my face I use neutrogena and body I either use Neutrogena or l’oreal

17. Great review as usual. I never ever leave home w/o sunscreen. For my face, I rely on BB cream (Guerlain or YSL); for my body I use MDSOlarSciences, esp when I’m hitting the beach
    Kath TheFabZilla recently blogged about The Deal Breaker With Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer 140 PetraMy Profile

18. Iris says:

I use sunscreen everyday. Currently, I’m using Origins x Dr. Andrew Weil Mega-Bright SPF30.

19. Justina says:

I use sunscreen on the daily!

20. Sheila says:

Elle is super adorable! I love Kiss My Face products.
    Sheila recently blogged about Magic Minerals By Jerome Alexander Really Surprised Me!My Profile

21. Kendra says:

This is what I use on my kids : )
    Kendra recently blogged about Memebox Colorbox #3 BlueMy Profile

22. Brynn says:

I’ve been using (and coming back to, even if I try out something new) Bullfrog spf 50 spray for years now because it’s the only thing that doesn’t make me itch or turn red and scaly (I haven’t tried this KMF product though, and I’m a sucker for trying new things, so I’m gonna look for it!). I also have long-sleeve rash guards for myself and my son (they’re upf 40 or something like that).
    We just got back from the beach and I’m proud to say that neither of us have any tan lines, even though we were out in the sun for hours and hours every day!

23. Anastasia says:

I love sunscreen, i wear it even when I’m at home. Great post!
    Anastasia recently blogged about Yet Another Delicious Box of Snacks from GrazeMy Profile

24. Great post and also cutest baby everrrr! It’s crazy how things change yearly if it’s “good” or “bad” ugh… I can’t keep it straight. It is definitely better to be safe than sorry with the kids, though.
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently blogged about Chanel États Poétiques Collection Swatches, Review + FOTD – Fall 2014My Profile

25. Lisa Heath says:

I have so many it’s not even funny. We use Banana Boat spray the most though!
    Lisa Heath recently blogged about Press Release: China Glaze Limited Edition The Giver CollectionMy Profile