Makeup Wars: The $30 Face

| August 18, 2014 | 24 Comments

I’ve always prided myself on being the makeup lover who doesn’t HAVE to use higher-end cosmetics to achieve beautiful looks. I am very frugal with my money by nature and even when I have it, I don’t know…I don’t always feel inclined to spend a crazy amount of it on something disposable like…cosmetics. Which, I know, sounds crazy but I’ve tried to remain sensible in my older years.

Plowing through debt will do that to you.

That said, doing a makeup look and only using products that cost less than $30 was easy for me.

30 dollar face

But for the record, I’m omitting powders, primers and liners for the total cost of this face, mkay? The only way I would be able to include those and keep the face under $30 is if I rocked all Wet ‘n Wild and e.l.f every thang. And as much as I love those brands, I wanted to spice it up a bit for ya’ll. And so I used these products to achieve a pretty nice look.

Makeup prices
For the eyes, I used this sweet Limited Edition eye shadow palette from Wet ‘n Wild…

Wet n Wild eyeshadow palette

This sat in my “To Review” pile for the longest and I hate that I am just now pulling it out. That orange is fantastic and I would have loved for it to POP a bit more on my skin, but hey…we can’t have it all now, can we? There’s that pretty Sleek Bronze Block that I scooped up from Sleek a few weeks back.

Sleek Bronze Brick

And NYX’s Stacked mascara…

NYX mascara

Also, featured in its blurry goodness is COVERGIRL’s Smoochies in Tru Love. It’s a frosty mauve. I’ve been into frosts these days. Totally tapping into my high school years.

And the look…

Orange eyeshadow on brown skin
Clumps of Mascara

Let this be a lesson to you, girls. You don’t HAVE to spend a ton of money on makeup to achieve really nice looks. I mean, don’t get me wrong. I will still lust after things I can’t afford but it’s good to know that even after 7 years of blogging, I can still appreciate the drugstore babies.

Would you be able to crank out a look using products that totaled up to $30?

Check out what my fellow MU girls did…

Loading InLinkz ...

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Featured

1. That palette looks beautiful on you.
    All Lacquered Up recently blogged about The $30 Face Makeup Challenge – Makeup WarsMy Profile

2. Gouldylox says:

That shadow is gorgeous on you!!!

3. Allison says:

Such a cute look! Love those eyes and the pix are too cute
    Allison recently blogged about Ritual Beauty Daily Perfecting Treatment Serum & GIVEAWAYMy Profile

4. Aunie says:

so nice! while most of my makeup collection is from sephora, i totally appreciate that drugstore brands are really upping their game. you don’t have to spend a pretty penny on makeup anymore to get flawless, glam looks!
    Aunie recently blogged about They Look Like Falsies, But These 3D Lashes Are RealMy Profile

5. I am in love with this look. That palette looks amazing and your photos are beautiful! Great post and love the face under $30!!
    Jamie @ Makeuplifelove recently blogged about Beauty Behind The Blog: Justina’s GemsMy Profile

6. BeautyJudy says:

I love your pics for a $30 face – especially that WnW trio!
    BeautyJudy recently blogged about Simple Sugars ScrubsMy Profile

7. Amber says:

Such a pretty look! I need that WnW palette. Love it!! And the Sleek palette is just so pretty!
    Amber recently blogged about Fysiko Eyelash Growth SerumMy Profile

8. Love it! And that pretty pumpkin colored shadow is calling me.
    Cosmetics Aficionado recently blogged about Milani Bella Espresso, Bella Bronze, Bella Purple, Bella VioletMy Profile

9. NORAH says:

Your skin is GLOWING girl, great choices for a $30 face!
    NORAH recently blogged about New Makeup Work For Club Denim BrazilMy Profile

10. Eugenia says:

OOOO! I haven’t seen that Wet N Wild palette yet!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Makeup Wars $30 FaceMy Profile

11. Maria Gabriela says:

That palette looks great! Good job on the look!

12. Bailey says:

Sleek is such a great affordable brand – so happy to see them getting some love here! The look you created with the shadow trio is AMAZING! Love it.
    Bailey recently blogged about Makeup Wars: $30 Face ChallengeMy Profile

13. That sleek palette looks great. I need to try that brand!
    Christa aka Perilously Pale recently blogged about The $30 Face Makeup Look | Makeup WarsMy Profile

14. Great look, love the way you did your eyes!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Makeup Wars $30 Face of the Day Challenge!My Profile

15. I really like that orange shadow on you! I’m not sure I could pull that color off. What did you think of the NYX mascara? They have so many different versions, I can never decide.
    Nidia – Lit From Within recently blogged about I Know Why Superheroes Wear MasquesMy Profile

16. Miranda says:

Great every day look, love the pop of orange!
    Miranda recently blogged about Low Maintenance Makeup: All Day Look TutorialMy Profile

17. Sheila says:

Beautiful look! I so wish I could find those WnW palettes.
    Sheila recently blogged about Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Eyeshadow TutorialMy Profile

18. Great choices for $30-worth makeup. I still have to try Sleek tho’. You look fabulous
    Kath TheFabZilla recently blogged about Fall/Winter 2014: Givenchy Le Rouge Intense Color Sensuously Mat Lip Color 207 Rose PlumetisMy Profile

19. Leelo R says:

So pretty!
    Leelo R recently blogged about NOTD: weekend nailsMy Profile

20. Carleen says:

Nice look. I love the shadow on you!
    Carleen recently blogged about 5 Tips to Pick the Right Handbag for Everyday UseMy Profile