Neon Nail Polishes For The Win!

| August 4, 2014 | 30 Comments

Neon polishes

Dude. This makeup wars post totally creeped up on me and I almost didn’t get it in. But hey…there was no way I was going to let this week go by without joining my girls as we showcased some of our favorite neon polishes.

So. Neon polishes. You either love them or you…run away from them. I get it. They’re bright and not everyone feels comfortable rockin’ traffic cone orange on their nails and toes. This girl does. Yes, y’all. I would rock neon polishes all day and everyday, if I could. I don’t wear them as much as I’d like because let’s face it…the formula generally sucks. And this goes for all brands and colors. If neons applied like creme nail polishes, I’d be in trouble. I’d roll up to a job interview like “Heyyyy! How are you lovin’ my neon green nails?” Okay, I’m kidding.

Maybe?

Neon nail polishes

Since my reviews of neon nail polishes are pretty skimpy, I decided to go to the vault (AKA my nail polish stash) and pull out some of my old favorite neon babies. And these kids made the cut.

Best neon nail polishes

I decided to do a quick neon Skittles nails showcasing 5 of my favorite neon nail polishes. I used white nail polish under each polish. From thumb to pinky…

Neon nails

China Glaze Shell-O is definitely on the sheerer side as far as neons go but she’s bright and absolutely stunning against my skin.

China Glaze Sun Worshipper is one of my favorite neons of all time. Mainly because application is always so nice and easy. I believe China Glaze makes a far more vibrant neon orange but I can’t put my finger on it. Literally.

Essie Funky Limelight was one of my first neon polishes. I’ve had this baby for years and when I think of a neon nail polish, this is the shade that always comes to mind.

China Glaze I’m With the Lifeguard took me by surprise a few weeks ago. I mean daaaang. This lime green is flawless. I rediscovered it and can’t get over how cool it looks on my toes. I’d post pics but I’m one of those people who don’t post pictures of their toes. Because I hate pictures of peoples’ toes. So I won’t do that to you…

Aaaand OPI’s Push & Pur-pull from their Neons collection. I don’t really think this is considered a neon purple but OPI says it is and it is a divine purple so…whatever.

China Glaze

Roll through to the lists of the other girls of the Makeup Wars to see what they’re lovin’…

Loading InLinkz ...

Tags: , , ,

Category: Featured

1. You have some great neon picks!
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently blogged about Motherhood Survival KitMy Profile

2. Aleya Bamdad says:

Love the purple and green!
    Aleya Bamdad recently blogged about Smashbox Full Exposure Palette ReviewMy Profile

3. Phyrra says:

I love your picks! The skittles mani is perfect.
    Phyrra recently blogged about Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks ReviewMy Profile

4. Ange says:

That purple is gorgeous!!
    Ange recently blogged about Beach Day Survival Kit + Paperless CouponsMy Profile

5. Leelo R says:

I´ve been loving China Glaze I’m With the Lifeguard for 2 years now :D
    Leelo R recently blogged about River Island Menswear AW14 CollectionMy Profile

6. I’m with the Lifeguard is disarmingly pretty! I really like that. Why don’t I own that, B?
    Nidia – Lit From Within recently blogged about Grey Monday – Subtle Look with Coastal Scents Revealed and Dance LegendMy Profile

7. Mai says:

Neons are perfect for the summer!! Super bright and saturated colors are my thing
    Mai recently blogged about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil ReviewMy Profile

8. Retrodiva says:

I love the multi-colored mani! That’s a fun way to wear the neons.
    Retrodiva recently blogged about Makeup Wars: the NeonsMy Profile

9. After reading a few of these, I’m thinking China Glaze knows their business when it comes to neon. These are so pretty. That green knocks it out of the park.
    MarciaF (beauty info zone) recently blogged about The Sunday Scoop 8/3/14 is your source for beauty + giveawaysMy Profile

10. BeautyJudy says:

You are rocking those neons, girl! Love it!
    BeautyJudy recently blogged about Zoya Naturel Deux: A transitional collection for summer/fall 2014My Profile

11. Joanna says:

Neon nail polish for the win indeed! I need them all!

12. Melody says:

I love those neon colors and I love your nail shape!
    Melody recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Orly Nail Polish Neon Angles ManiMy Profile

13. Miranda says:

Neons are so perfect for summer!
    Miranda recently blogged about Hot Day Makeup TutorialMy Profile

14. Justina says:

Very pretty shades! I loved the cell phone shot best!
    Justina recently blogged about New Products by Kiehl’s: Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash & Micro- Blur Skin PerfectorMy Profile

15. Such great neon shades!!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Fashion Flash!My Profile

16. Destany says:

Definetely ftw :)
    Destany recently blogged about Rainbow Honey July Mystery Bag!My Profile

17. Lisa Heath says:

I love neons! Gorgeous colors!

18. Betzy Carmona says:

I love the combination of bright neon shades

19. Anastasia says:

Great neon polish picks!
    Anastasia recently blogged about Beauty Box 5 August 2014 Sneak PeekMy Profile

20. Sheila says:

You wear neons well!

21. Those China Glaze look gorgeous!!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently blogged about Getting Personal – Family Vacations Through the Years!My Profile

22. I love neons. They are the spice of life.
    Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries recently blogged about Latest Obsession – PrintsMy Profile

23. Eugenia says:

I love neon pinks! I can’t have enough!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Nail Vinyls ReviewMy Profile

24. jbrobeck says:

You picked great choices! I have all of these, or atleast will soon!
    jbrobeck recently blogged about Get Kiss-y Soft with Gillette Fusion Proglide!My Profile

25. Kendra says:

I love your nail design! So pretty!

26. I too could wear neon polish all the time! I love it!
    kristen @ glambunctious recently blogged about Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette | Review, Swatches, EOTDMy Profile