I Finally Found Shea Moisture Cosmetics…In Stores!

| August 12, 2014 | 22 Comments

I went to Virginia a few months ago and visited my husband’s side of the family in this itty bitty city. I’m not knockin’ small towns because I’m from one but y’all…I was SO surprised when I discovered that this city’s Target had Shea Moisture Cosmetics!

Shea Moisture Cosmetics
Um…yay! I’ve had Shea Moisture Cosmetics on my radar for quite some time. The brand is most popular to the natural hair’d girls of the world because they make fantastic products for those of us with kinky and curly hair. They also have great skincare products for babies and everyone else.

The cosmetics line is really geared towards women of color because, get this, they have really dark foundation shades. This NEVER happens. I mean, ever. As a dark girl, it is beyond difficult trying to find a foundation. Most brands omit us completely. Yes, even in 2014. I always jump for joy when I see an affordable line of foundation for brown girls. I couldn’t help but scoop up a tube. I also grabbed a lipgloss.

Shea Moisture lipgloss

And okay, there isn’t anything crazy fancy about this lipgloss, but how cute is the packaging? I snagged a blush, too!

Shea Moisture blush

I would have loved to grab more but this line is a bit on the pricier side. For Target, at least. The good news is, you’ll get your money’s worth because the products are really stellar. I did a video review showcasing everything I hauled!

Have you ever tried anything from Shea Moisture Cosmetics?

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Featured, Lips

1. BeautyJudy says:

That lip gloss looks stunning and I love the packaging!
    BeautyJudy recently blogged about Bio Seaweed Gel reviewMy Profile

2. Erika says:

These cosmetics look great on you.
    Erika recently blogged about Review: China Glaze Lotus BeginMy Profile

3. Phyrra says:

I need to try this brand!
    Phyrra recently blogged about Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Palette SwatchesMy Profile

4. Aleya Bamdad says:

Love the packaging of the gloss. These products sound great.
    Aleya Bamdad recently blogged about Cotz Sunscreen ReviewsMy Profile

5. Leelo R says:

I ve never heard of this brand before. This blush shade looks so pretty on you :)
    Leelo R recently blogged about e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow palette in TexasMy Profile

6. Kimberly says:

That lippie color looks divine!!!
    Kimberly recently blogged about Nature’s Gate: 40th Anniversary Herbal Body WashMy Profile

7. These sound fantastic!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently blogged about Top 10 Drugstore Products to Take Back-to-SchoolMy Profile

8. Eugenia says:

I love your videos!!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Top 10 Drugstore ProductsMy Profile

9. Destany says:

Nice!! Those are definitely your colors :)

10. So glad you found this line – great that they carry darker foundation colors. So sad that you’re not wowed, and you should be. Testament to the fact that there aren’t many choices for women of color, and you’re happy to find *anything*. In 2014, that shouldn’t be the way it is.
    Nidia – Lit From Within recently blogged about TRI Tropical FlowersMy Profile

11. Never heard of this brand, but that’s fantastic they have foundations for brown girls!!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Top 10 Drugstore Beauty Favorites!My Profile

12. Miranda says:

If this collection is anything like their hair products, I’m in!
    Miranda recently blogged about Behind the Scenes at eSalon: Custom Hair Color on a BudgetMy Profile

13. Lucky you. I still have no luck finding this brand
    Kath TheFabZilla recently blogged about Givenchy Fall-Winter 2014: Palette Extravagancia (Review, Photos, FOTD)My Profile

14. Justina says:

I had no idea Shea Moisture actually sold cosmetics, how cool!

15. Sheila says:

These products sound right up my alley. That blush is FAB!
    Sheila recently blogged about 2 Minute Beauty Clinic: Brushes For Contouring and HighlightingMy Profile

16. Anastasia says:

Love that lip gloss packaging, reminds me of Eminence Lip Plumper I used to have years ago.
    Anastasia recently blogged about Memebox (미미박스) Global #13 Review, Pictures, UnboxingMy Profile

17. I see Shea Moisture stuff all the time! Now I want to try it!
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently blogged about Lil Critters Gummy VitaminsMy Profile

18. Jessica says:

*jumps in car* lol I really want to try these
    Jessica recently blogged about Too Faced’s Pretty Rebel Palette ReviewMy Profile

19. Allison says:

What beautiful looking shades and products! I’ve seen Shea Moisture skincare and haircare products at both Ulta and Walgreens in my area but I didn’t even know they made cosmetics. How lovely!
    Allison recently blogged about New Milani Color Statement Nail LacquerMy Profile

20. Kendra says:

Wow! These look really interesting to me. I totally want to try them out.
    Kendra recently blogged about Glowing Skin Makeup Trend for Fall 2014My Profile