Urban Decay’s Naked 2 Basics…is it for the brown girls?

| August 20, 2014 | 22 Comments

Urban Decay’s Naked 2  Basics palette is here and while I intentionally got excited about it, I’m wondering it will be a great fit for us dark brown girls.

UD Naked Basics 2

“OMG B…who cares?! Can’t you just be happy that UD is giving us a new palette?”

Um yah. I am happy. But I’ll be less happy if I can’t rock it. Just sayin’. I really loved the original Naked Basics palette. In fact, I rediscovered it last week when a friend was visiting and…I let her borrow it.

Anyone have any idea how I can nicely say “Yo chick…give me that palette back!”?

Urban Decay’s lovers wanted MOAR when it came to Naked Basics and so UD has given it to us with cooler hues. These taupe-hued matte eye shadows have never been before so I am excited to get a closer look at them. I’ll admit it, I was a bit disappointed to hear that they were cool, but I don’t know…maaaaaybe they can work for us dark brown girls? I’ll have to see it in person before I judge it.

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2

Retailing for $27 just like its predecessor, I wonder how well Naked 2 Basics will do. We’ll see what the verdict is. I’m thinking more fans will appreciate the versatility of the original better, but time will tell. If you’re ready to ‘gon and purchase it, you can do so here.

What say you? Have you tried the original Naked Basics? And did you like it? Will you be scooping up the sequel?

Tags: ,

Category: Eyes

1. Allison says:

You are reminding me that I need to break open the original Naked Basics palette I bought about 6 months ago before I even look at the new one!
    Allison recently blogged about City Lips Lip PlumperMy Profile

2. I am tentatively excited about this. I need to swatch in person to see if I need it. I have the first one already.
    Cosmetics Aficionado recently blogged about First CVS in Washington Opens in RentonMy Profile

3. BeautyJudy says:

Don’t have the original, don’t want it, don’t need the second one. Do I need to have my beauty card revoked?!
    BeautyJudy recently blogged about Nail Vinyls have changed my nail art life!My Profile

4. Miranda says:

Just from pictures, it seems a little too taupe-y to work on deep skin tones!
    Miranda recently blogged about Review: Maybelline Great Lash “Lots of Lashes” MascaraMy Profile

5. Ange says:

I was not a fan of the first one but this one has some colors I think I need!!
    Ange recently blogged about The “No-Makeup” Makeup LookMy Profile

6. Melody says:

I think my Naked and Naked Basics are enough for me.
    Melody recently blogged about Ginger and Liz Mani-Pink LemonadeMy Profile

7. Eugenia says:

I have Basics but do not think I will be picking up the sequel!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Younique 3D Fiber Lashes ReviewMy Profile

8. I think I’m done with UD Naked. I have 1,2 & 3 that’s enough.
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Katy Perry Royal Revolution!My Profile

9. I doubt I’ll pick it up. I might get the Naked2 palette, just not the Basics version. I have a lot of neutral palettes, though!
    Nidia – Lit From Within recently blogged about GOT Black Shine?My Profile

10. Sheila says:

I’m not sure how I feel about this palette – I think it’s a skip for me!
    Sheila recently blogged about Fusion of Color Cosmetics Perfect Lip Scrub and Lip Balm Make Smooth Lips HappenMy Profile

11. Leelo R says:

I don´t have it, yet, but it seems like a nice palette.
    Leelo R recently blogged about NOTD: Estonian flag inspired nailsMy Profile

12. Rachel R. says:

I loved the first one, and I ordered the second one. It’s on the way!

If I were you, I’d nicely tell your friend you need the first palette back now so you can do a comparison for your blog. Let her know she can always visit you and “test” it (and the second one when you get it) some more at your house if she’s still unsure about buying it herself.

13. Ashley says:

I loved the original Naked Basics – Not are this one is THAT much different to warrant me buying it. Not sure how this would work on darker skin tones for a complete “Naked” look but there are a shade or two that are useable.

14. […] of Mascara – can’t wait to try Urban Decay’s Naked 2 Basics palette! But…will she like it? Dun dun […]

15. […] of Mascara – can’t wait to try Urban Decay’s Naked 2 Basics palette! But…will she like it? Dun dun […]

16. I use Naked Basics all the time. I really want Naked Basics 2. It looks awesome!
    KissMySparkle recently blogged about EOTD with Fyrinnae Dreamwoven LuxuriesMy Profile