I’ve been slacking on journaling which sucks because a few days ago I was not in a good place. I was SO cranky. Irritable and annoyed. Surly and sad. I was so mad at the fact that I couldn’t eat a real Thai meal. With chicken. Or hell…even tofu. I just wanted some serious spice and flavors.
I miss the warmth of food. For the first few days, I found myself missing chewing my mouth. I found some decent snack options but now I miss the temp.
Blowing to chill the piping hot dollop of curry flooding a spoon. I miss that!
A mug of tea does not give me the same effect.
I purposely starved myself a bit on Friday. I was so ANGRY at my stomach. Sick of juices. Sick of smoothies. Sick of zoodles. Wanting REAL food with real flavor.
I got through it, though. Barely.
And here we are today where I made a bowl of Thai curry with zoodles. I cheated though. Instead of using coconut meat (because, I mean…come on. That is so not easy to find and opening a coconut to scrape out the meat ain’t easy either) I used canned Coconut Milk.
If the goal of this Reboot is to change my tastebuds and purge toxins, I don’t think a lil’ Coconut Milk is going to disrupt the process. More importantly, I’m satisfied. I slurped those noddles as if they were a dish of my Panang Curry from my favorite Thai restaurant.
After eating, I noticed a slight wannabe headache.
Could that be the coconut milk?
My own nerves trying to psych me out?
I don’t know but I am proud of myself for veganizing a dish that I love.
Things I’m Loving
- My neck isn’t as fat. I can see my clavicle!
- My entire face looks smaller.
- My grit. I’ve been going strong.
- No OMG, NEED IT cravings.
Things I’m Not Loving
- The time investment. I’ve got to prep everyone’s dishes and then spend even MORE time in the kitchen prepping my own stuff. Using juicer. Washing juicer. Using Vitamix. Washing Vitamix. I’m so sick of being in the kitchen and washing dishes.
- The cost. Buying mostly organic fruits and vegetables ain’t cheap. My wallet is feeling the burn.
- No decent snack options. Because I’m so annoyed with fruits and juices and not a fan of raw veggies.
- The idea that COOKED food.
I’m still a truckin’. Still trying.