By the time you read this, I’ll be off on my solo vacation. Can you believe it? I actually did it, you guys. Are you proud of me? I’m proud of me. Before I left, I did a tooooon of reflecting. Usually around this time of year, I get to thinking about all of the things I didn’t do.
How I haven’t lost any weight. Or I wasn’t able to attend conferences. Or how I didn’t get to volunteer as much I wanted to. How my business is just meh (instead of the thriving beast I want it to be) and man, I’m so quick to fall into a slump over the things I “failed” at doing.
Not this year. I refuse to do it. This time, I want to highlight my big wins. I’ve got to go into the new year with a different mindset, ya know? So, here goes…
Best Investments of 2016
- My business coach.
- Virtual assistant services
- A housekeeper.
- A new couch and dining room table
Parenting Wins of 2016
- Breastfeeding Bub for a year (and counting).
- Just keeping them fed and happy.
- I worked from home with a baby.
- I learned how to cornrow!
Personal Wins of 2016
- Mental health counseling has done SO much for me.
- I strengthed my friendships.
- Paid for everything without using an ounce of credit.
- I held two donation drives and made two huge drops to domestic violence shelters and food banks in the Orlando area. And I’ve got another exciting donation drop to do before Christmas.
- I dyed my hair purple and pink. Bleach killed my hair but it was fun while it lasted.
- I opened up more.
- I took a solo trip to the Bahamas.
Professional Wins of 2016
- Maintained an active newsletter.
- I got a blog audit. This was such a freaking game changer.
- That business coach, man. Direction, clarity and goals? YES!
- I was invited to and went to Disney’s Social Media Mom’s Conference.
- Maintained a happy working relationship with all of my clients.
- I returned back to YouTube.
- I planted the seed for a coming soon e-commerce line.
- I went back to The Makeup Show NYC!
- I launched BrittanyMinor.com.
- I joined Snapchat.
- I outsourced like CRAZY.
House wins of 2016
- I threw A LOT of stuff away. Minimalist living is HARD with a husband who like to collect and messy babes but I’m doing the best I can.
- I supported my husband as he spent most of this year traveling for work.
Next year I have to…
- Launch my e-commerce line
- Grow locs again.
- Re-launch LocRocker.com.
- Go to the doctor for general tests.
- Find a church home.
- Continue working with blog coach.
- Lose 10 lbs (I want to lose more but I really need to start small).
- Go on a trip with just my husband and myself.
- Hire a trainer and nutritionist.
- Be on a very strict budget and budget our family finances and business finances much better.
- Hire an attorney and make sure I’m in line.
- Hire a CPA.
- Travel to Rhode Island, Maine and Seattle.
- And to Canada.
- Speak at 3 conferences (local, large and outside of my niche)
- Organize volunteer opportunities (at least one a quarter)
- Put together baby books
- Launch a beauty-based volunteer group and/or charity
I’m so inspired by what I’ve done this year, man. I’m encouraged and so incredibly grateful. I can’t wait to ring in 2017 with you.
Tell me some of your wins in 2016. I would love to celebrate with you.