I love a techie toothbrush, y’all. I mean yeah, I’ll take it back to the old school days and use a traditional one but when I got the opportunity to test drive the FOREO ISSA toothbrush, my eyes freaking lit up. I had been swooning over that sexy toothbrush since I first heard about it.
Yes, I swoon over toothbrushes. Don’t be judging me, girl. Dental care is a serious thing and when a revolutionary one hits the market, you’re just a wee bit interested, right? It doesn’t take a rocket science or beauty blogger to take a glance at this toothbrush to know that it ain’t like a traditional electric toothbrush. I’ve been using one of the latter for years with very good results and few complaints.
Yes, I’ve got to change the brush head every 3 months and yessss, the brush heads are a bit pricey, but whatever. That comes with the territory, right? Or at least it USED to. The ISSA is taking things to another level by providing features in a toothbrush that we just haven’t seen before.
- Silicone bristles! Sounds un-interesting until you realize that these bristles not only help to gently brush the test, but they are also comfortable to use on the tongue and gums.
- Because it is made of silicone, the ISSA makes for a more hygienic brush and prevents the build-up of bacteria.
- One charge will grant you 365 uses (about 6 months) and you don’t have to replace the brush head for an entire year. Say what? This is unheard of with my current toothbrush. I have to charge it at least weekly.
- 3D Flexible Brush Head means getting around the entire mouth can be done so easily and comfortably.
The features are enticing enough but what I think may scare the average potential customer is the price. The ISSA retails for $199, which is a looooot of money for a toothbrush. I can see how investing in one can be a particularly difficult decision because why fix what ain’t broke, right? If your manual or electric toothbrush has been working just fine for years, why invest in something newer and fresher? *shrugs*
I guess the true answer to that is because you’re a tech geek who likes flashy new thangs. And while the features are all exciting and whatnot, how well does this toothbrush actually perform? It should be SPECTACULAR, right? I’ve been using this toothbrush for weeks and weeks and I am finally ready to give you an in depth review via PRO’s and CON’s.
- It feels incredibly lightweight! I took this toothbrush with me on 3 flights and 1 road trip and packing it was easy.
- Not having to worry about carrying chargers or plopping one out every few days is niiiiiice.
- It feels great in the mouth! It felt very different from my electric toothbrush, which has more forceful vibrating actions.
- While the standard size costs $199, the brand does make a mini version for $119. That’s a lot nicer on the pockets. While it’s geared towards children, the ISSA mini does have a smaller brush. If that isn’t an issue for you, I think it’s definitely worth going for. You know, to save pennies.
- There’s a 10 year product guarantee. Whoa!
- It’s easy to use! Charge, turn the button on and BOOM…ready to roll.
- The Issa is…pretty! Shoot man, if you’re going to pop a toothbrush in your mouth a few times a day, you at least want something kinda attractive, right? I can’t deny that the ISSA is indeed the sexiest toothbrush that I’ve ever seen. I wish the mini colors came in the standard sizes colors, though. I would LOVE a yellow toothbrush.
- Suffer from mouth sensitivity? The ISSA is ideal because I find that it brushes a lot lighter than what can be done manually and with an electric toothbrush.
- No fancy toothpaste needed. Just use what you like (except toothpastes that contain bleach) and keep on rockin’.
- Why so expensive, FOREO? Even folx like me who are a bit obsessive over dental care simply can’t justify spending $199 on a toothbrush. In addition to that, I have to pay a new brush head annually at $24.90. For that price, I could purchase enough manual toothbrushes to last me a year! However, the cost does come out to be about the same or a bit more for electric toothbrushes. Still. That’s a hefty price tag.
- My teeth didn’t feel clean enough. My electric toothbrush cleans my teeth flawlessly. With the ISSA, I never felt like I could get enough plaque off. I’d try to UP to the intensity and press harder against my teeth, but no matter what I did, I never got the squeaky clean feeling that I desired.
- It had a tough time getting in between my teeth. Because the bristles are larger, they don’t do the best job at getting in those smaller spaces.
Pretty cool toothbrush? Definitely! Ideal for me? Mmmm, not so much. Because I neeeeed that squeaky clean feeling that I never got while using the ISSA, I think I’ll stick with my electric toothbrush. Perhaps I’ve got a jacked up grill that needs intensity. Whatever the case may be, the gentle nature of the ISSA just can’t handle my issues. Ha! If you’re someone with very sensitive teeth and/or gums, I can see the ISSA rocking your world because of how delicate the brush is. It’s a pretty hefty investment but one that I can see worth it for folx who are pretty serious about their toothbrushes.
Disclosure: While I did receive this toothbrush from iFabbo, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not paid to write this review but toss me an innovative toothbrush and I’ll review that baby for the F-R-E-E. Yes, y’all. I’m that easy. For more information about my Disclosures, visit here.