Oh, hey girls! And guys! Sooooo…I’m back featuring another FOREO item and this time this is their skincare brush called the FOREO LUNA. Like the ISSA, I had my eyes on this baby at first glance and was thrilled to get the opportunity to review it via iFabbo.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I have a very close relationship with a brand that starts with Clari and rhymes with bobonic. Said relationship is still very strong and kickin’ and chances are we won’t be breaking up any time soon. I wanted to reallllly focus on the LUNA’s attributes without comparing it to similar products out there. And let’s face it – a silicone facial brush and and a facial brush with an oscillating head are VERY different. So, let’s jump right in. Here are some features you should know about Lady LUNA.
- Transdermal sonic pulsations through the LUNA’s silicone bristles help deep cleanse the skin more effectively than using the hands.
- The LUNA has an anti-aging mode that may help smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Because of its silicone touch-points, the LUNA’s service helps cleanse the skin deeply but also more gently than oscillating brushes.
- Its waterproof design makes the LUNA easy to use and you’ll never have to replace the head. Ever.
Like the ISSA, the LUNA has a pretty stiff price tag at $199 for the standard size. FOREO does offer a Mini version which goes for $139 and its smaller size means its travel-friendly and you aren’t giving up any of the LUNA’s main functions. So…that’s sweet! At first glance, the LUNA looks enticing because FOREO does a beautiful job at making hygiene and beauty products sexy. I like the idea of having something other than oscillating brush head products becuase those aren’t always effective for everyone as the brushes may be too abrasive for those with sensitive skin. But silicone bristles? Well, that sounds and IS absolutely gentler on the skin. So yay for diversity in the techie skincare game!
However, like all skincare items, every thang don’t work for everyone.
- Feels great in the hand. Easy to hold, manipulate and spin around. Using it is a breeze!
- Three settings means there’s a comfort level for everyone.
- Charge daily? Weekly? Monthly? Not even! The LUNA can go without charging for over 400 uses. LOVE!
- Cleaning is simple. I’d run it under water and boom, it was ready to use again.
- The Massage feature does feel good. I found myself really relaxing every time I used it.
- After using this for weeks, it didn’t feel like it was doing anything to my skin. After wiping with a white hand towel, I would still see hints of foundation left behind. Boo!
- The vibrations feel great on the skin but are they effective? I don’t think so.
- It’s just really expensive. And for something this pricey, I want it to rock my world. I can’t say the LUNA did that.
- Why aren’t there various colors for all sizes of the LUNA? The larger model only comes in 4 colors whereas the Mini comes in 6 (much cooler, at that) colors.
Great concept? Absolutely! My gal Courtney over at Phyrra can’t stop raving over the LUNA and how its great for her sensitive skin. This makes complete sense! I wouldn’t describe my skin as sensitive so I’ve never had many (if any) issues with other facial brushes. That said, if oscillating brushes aren’t your thing and you need something more than just a pair hands, you may want to give the LUNA a try. I’d save some pennies and opt for the Mini over the larger size. I didn’t think it was for me as weeks and weeks of use didn’t show any serious changes in my skin’s texture and appearance. Even basic cleansing seemed to be sub par at best. The relaxation factor is there but the efficacy, for me, just wasn’t.
Have you had your eyes on the LUNA?