Okay, I’ll admit – that stock photo seems crazy cheesy. And I don’t even like chocolate cake. But despite it all, it seriously describes how I feel right now. Like there’s a party goin’ on! It’s a new year, Clumps officially relaunches and tomorrow I turn the big 3-0! I am feeling incredibly blessed and thankful for this sense of renewal, direction and focus.
I mean, I’m still a bit scatterbrained but there’s always hope that I can do better in 2015. That said, I want to thank YOU for sticking around with me. I took a huge risk not blogging for 3 months and I never once worried about numbers dropping or money being lost. I knew that I’d only come back if and when I found the passion. And…it’s here. But I couldn’t come back to the same ole’ boring e-space. So here’s what’s changed…
- The layout! I still have a looooot to work on but what you’re looking at is a mobile-friendly cleaner and less cluttered blog. Navigation will be easier, a sticky menu will keep you from having to scroll everywhere and you should have a better overall browsing experience.
- A new server. This means nothing if you aren’t a techie but it’s exciting!
- A weekly newsletter. I’m so excited about this! Each week, those who sign up will get a compilation of posts, sweet features from other hot beauty/lifestyle sites around the web, giveaway notices, tips and tricks and it’ll basically be a party in your inbox. You can sign up here.
- The She Inspires series is a new series that will highlight women of all over the world. I’ve done some form of this throughout Clumps’ 7 year existence and I felt drawn to bring it back.
- Less product reviews, more posts that can help, inspire and teach you or thang or two. I will still be featuring products that I think you’ll like.
- The schedule. I’m focusing on quality over quantity. Posts will not be daily. I’m thinking every other day but for now you can ensure that you’ll get more quality posts versus random bits that I post out for the sake of having something up.
- More non-beauty thangs. I’ve always posted non-beauty bits but you’ll see more of them.
More changes will come down the pipeline but these are the biggest ones. So look around, check out the new digs and let me know what you think! And riddle me this…
What spectacular things await you in 2015?