Remember that time I bragged about how good my skin was looking? It’s still looking good, girl. I really want to be modest when talking about it but why should I? I do a grand job at dogging myself out so you better believe that I’ll be the first in line to celebrate myself, too.
My skin is freaking flawless.
Okay wait. I already know what you’re thinking. I knew turmeric has been a popular spice in Indian cuisines but did you know it also has a ton of benefits when used on the skin?
Yes girl. What kind of benefits, you ask?
- It has been known to slow the growth of facial hair. Listen, maybe you don’t have a goatee that’s trying to be great. Good for you. I do. For that reason, I’m hoping this claim is true!
- Helps with hyperpigmentation – This is my biggest skin concern and I’m open to trying products that can prevent hyperpigmentation and even the skin.
- Helps with acne – A turmeric and rose water mixture on a pimple can cut down the pimple’s life cycle and help heal the scar left behind.
- Thanks to it being packed with antioxidants, turmeric can help the skin’s elasticity! I can attest to this one. Since using my turmeric scrub regularly, my skin has never been so smooth in my adult life. I love it!
- Helps combat excess oil – my skin is on the drier side but a gal pal of mine feels that her normally very oily skin seems extra oily when she’s not using turmeric regularly. Interesting, right?
…honestly, if you explore the almighty Google, you’ll see pages and pages that list hundreds of reasons why adding turmeric to your beauty routine can be beneficial.
But uh…doesn’t it stain?
Yep. Turmeric is like curry and girl, it STAINS. When I’m removing it from my face, I usually have to wash with a soapy face wash to make sure I’ve gotten it all off of my face. I would imagine folx lighter than me would have to work a bit harder to remove the yellow tint (unless you’re down with the jaundiced look – and I’m not judging you if you are).
My girls at the Naked Bar Soap Company have given the world their Turmeric Facial Scrub and I think it’s only right that we all thank them. Yes, all of us. You only need just a little and after a drop of water, you’ll end up with a paste that you can then slather all over. You let that bad boy sit for a good 10 minutes and rinse away and giiiiiiirl.
Glorious skin awaits you. I can’t wait to see how what this does to my skin after months of use because I’m already in shock at how smooth my skin is now after only a few weeks of use.
Maybe she’s born with it….
Maybe it’s turmeric.
Don’t knock it ’til you try it, girlfrans.